Friday 9 March 2012

Possible Mastheads

  After considering how I want my magazine to eventually become and ideas of costumes and shots for images, I stated creating a masthead. The first text I created is at the top and the last at the bottom therefore they get progressively better.
  At first I chose the name VIVA for my magazine, which is spanish for living. I also looked for other translations but came upon none suitable nor sounding right. I also realised I could face copyright issues as there is already a music channel called viva.
  I then opted for the name rehab. The connotations of the word represent what I want my magazine to represent. It is taboo and slightly rebelious, this is why I have chosen capital letters and an "elephant" font because my magazine will make a statement.
  The second font and colour I chose I felt was completely wrong for my magazine, the actual text and font holds the right connotations however it was not right for my magazine.
  The colours I chose, being oranges, red and pink are summer colours. As I have already stated many magazines adapt their housestyle seasonally. I thought the blue looked very suitable for winter however but I will not be using this in my magazine.
   I chose to change the name to REBEL, using an elephant, italic font with bright pink letters. I felt this more appropriate for the audience of teenage girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment