Tuesday 24 April 2012

Questionnaire results

These are my results I analysed before creating my magazine. Although my Excel barchart graohs would not load this Excel spreadsheet presents the results clearly.
  I have definitely noticed a gap in the market for girls music magazines aimed at a specific genre, though a niche market I feel a lot of young girls would be highly interested. Many of the girls that answered the questionnaire were 11 to 15 or 16 to 20. Being a female of this age group I felt I could relate very well.
 Also in music magazines, my genre of choice isn't very well represented. VIBE magazine represents rap and hip hop, while Billboard represents almost every genre. I recognise a new hybrid genre that artists such as  Nicki Minaj have introduced. Nicki is a female rapper and singer who has been known to feature in all rap, dance and pop songs. She highly converges with her audience.
   The average time frame seems to be a month in between buying magazines. This is true for most music magazines giving well enough time for professionals to produce the work.
   Rap and pop are highly popular genres, although I feel these could be merged in my magazine as many artists today tend to create a hybrid genre.
  Although many of the readers enjoy an interview which I will be presenting, they also enjoy learning about current releases and concerts which I can include in my article.
   When asked whether their magazine of choice represents their individual style all answers were positive with no less than "sometimes".
  The average price is around £2 and prefer globally known artists. I notice most actually prefer text to images, which is probably because the music magazine includes information as opposed to predominently visual context like a fashion magazine.
  Many also want to know about the artists history outside of the music business.

No comments:

Post a Comment